Friday, October 30, 2009

This week had feelings too...

As cheesy as it sounds, I like writing about my feelings. So if you don't want a mushy schpeel about a budding romance - read on.
This huge problem with AIDS in Africa really hit me. Kay Warren talked about being an Advocate for for them and when she was speaking on the subject, she showed a video that revealed what is like to talk and mingle with those who are suffering from AIDS. But in the video there were some children who were playing with their father who has AIDS. Then the voice on the video simply said "These children have AIDS... but they don't know it."
I couldn't believe it. They were going to die as young adults and could do nothing about it. Nothing. I decided at that moment that I had to get involved. Those kids need to know they are loved and never have to be alone. I WANT to be there. I NEED to tell them that Christ is always with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment